Observatory of Geneva
• Working in cleanroom (ISO5) environment
• Optical metrology process developments
• Large complex optics alignment
• Space requirements
CHEOPS will be the first mission dedicated to searching for exoplanetary transits by performing ultrahigh precision photometry on bright stars already known to host planets.
The calibration will be performed using the CHEOPS flight model. CHEOPS will be enclosed in a Thermal Vacuum chamber (TVC) that will reproduce the flight conditions, in particular the temperature variations along an orbit. The test system has been designed to illuminate CHEOPS from the outside of the TV chamber.
To be able to calibrate in the wide field of the instrument specifications, we are using different sources that we can switch automatically.
Swiss Optics Systems has participated in the development, assembly, tests, integration and calibration of the calibration test bench.
- Shaker control – ALMATECH SAadmino2020-09-22T01:47:34+02:00
- Calibration test bench for the satellite CHEOPS – Observatory of Genevaadmino2020-09-22T01:53:03+02:00
- Local Control Unit software development for HARPS-N instrument – Observatory of Genevaadmino2020-09-22T01:55:34+02:00
- Calibration unit for NIRPS instrument – University of Bernadmino2020-09-22T01:57:54+02:00
- Derotator for 4m ground telescope – DAGadmino2018-06-15T09:58:36+02:00